Landing Page Feedback

HYPOTHESIS : Domain names do not affect conversion rates AT ALL (they affect other things getting people TO the page, but I believe they do not affect the conversion rate at all and I am working on an experiment to prove it)

What do you think about Toolyo's landing page? How can it be improved?
Toolyo is social platform for tool discovery. It helps you track other's favorite tools and find yours. It also gives you a dashboard and a filtering system so you can search tools by category & price.

You can check out the landing page here: Toolyo. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you!


What do you think about Toolyo's landing page? How can it be improved?


Toolyo is social platform for tool discovery. It helps you track other's favorite tools and find yours. It also gives you a dashboard and a filtering system so you can search tools by category & price.

You can check out the landing page here: Toolyo. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
12 ANSWERS


Kerry WatsonKerry WatsonFifteen years an entrepreneur


A2A. I don't understand what kind of tools you are talking about. Who is your target market, programmers? 

I don't understand the name, either. Strangely I have the domain name "Tooljoy.com" for sale. I bought it for a client who went with a different name, but I loved the name too much to let it expire.


Your target market must be obvious within 6-10 seconds or they will click away. Look for a more descriptive domain name. Both must be brutally obvious. Good luck to you.

  


Suggest Edits
Adam Berk
not sure I agree that the domain name is going to influence conversions at this point and I am POSITIVE that it is not a priority at this stage of testing.

COMMENT ABOUT DOMAIN NAME ABOVE
ANSWER BELOW 

Disclaimer, I use this answer for pretty much every question about "what do you THINK of my landing page". 

It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what your co-founder thinks. It does not even (really) matter what your designer thinks.

In fact it does not matter what your target customer thinks. All that matters is what they do compared with what YOU THINK they will do. 

Now, the page is "beautiful", "clean", I am sure it is even "responsive":)

BUT IS IT DOING ITS JOB?

PRESUMABLY the only reason this page exists is so that people click "Sign up now, it's FREE", enter their info, and go on to use the service. (I know there are a few tangential reasons as well). 

So all that really matters is, FOR EVERY 100 UNIQUE VISITS, HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE CLICKING THAT BUTTON, COMPARED WITH HOW MANY YOU THOUGHT WOULD CLICK IT AHEAD OF TIME. 

IF THE # IS HIGHER - GREAT move on down the funnel... 

IF THE # IS LOWER - FIX IT:)
make sure you are solving a problem that people have / do custdev (Start by talking to 5 customers. End with a million dollar valuation.)
make sure your UVP is crystal clear
make sure your page is believable (IMO it IS right now)
make sure your call to action is above the fold (it is NOT right now)

make sure the RIGHT people are seeing your page)

Comments

Popular Posts